With Christmas approaching and pet shops receiving large numbers of puppies many people start thinking about puppies as possible Xmas gifts.
My main tips on this matter would be:
- is the possible puppy owner ready for the
commitment of puppy ownership?
- can they afford caring, feeding, looking after the puppy, have time to train it properly and enrolling into a good puppy training school?
- do they have any knowledge on how to look after a puppy?
- do the other family members agree with this decision?
- do they have a good sized backyard and room indoors to keep it
Other points to consider:
- don't buy on impulse, give it a good thought first
Puppies aren't just a Xmas present. Dogs can live up to 14 years so person would
need to be wiling to care for the pet during all that time